It is no secret that I love food. In fact, food is my way of making sense of the world; it’s a time where I can slip into the deep caverns of my mind and fully engage with all the wonderful textures and flavors of the dish….and maybe speak like a half-decent gorilla to my boyfriend at dinner time….hehe
So, this dish, Guacamole Chicken Patties, is a proud member of the Dutton-Rinaldi* appetite repertoire, because it has quite the extensive flavor profile (like that word? I googled it teehee).
Plus, like many of my recipes, it’s simple and relatively quick to prepare and cook. Seriously, I dread long hours of slaving away in the kitchen ruddy-faced and sweating like a half-eaten chocolate bar abandoned on the city side-walk…but I digress.
This meal is super colorful, particularly with the fresh and tangy guacamole paired with the savoriness of the chicken patty, leaving you feeling nicely satiated after eating. My kind of dish.
*This of course is the combined surname of my boyfriend and myself
So, let’s get to that recipe!
- Serving size: 4
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound of lean ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of panko
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of onions
- dash of cracked pepper
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
- dash of cracked pepper
Recipe for Quacamole
- Combine halved avocadoes, lime, cilantro, onions, tomatoes, pepper, (and salt to taste!) in a mixing bowl, and mash everything together using a kitchen masher tool.
- Donzo. See? Guacamole is awesome and so easy.
Recipe for Chicken Patties
- Combine ground chicken, egg, parsley, panko, onions, and pepper in a bowl and mix together (I used my hands because I am attempting a rustic approach to life, but you can also use a wooden spoon to mix). Make sure everything is nicely mixed together.
- Take a small handful of the mix and roll in your hands to create 4 meat-balls. Place on plate.
- Heat up a skillet with a teensy bit of olive oil (I used Pam, the oil spray, not the person…god, that commercial never gets old), and place the 4 chicken balls onto it. Hear that sizzle, baby!
- Using a flat spatula, press down on the balls to create rounded, flat patties. This will help to cook the patties all the way through as well. Let cook for 2-3 minutes or until light brown on one side.
- Flip patties over to cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes. At this point, I place the skillet cover on top to get a little steam action happening. This will help to distribute the heat to cook the patty all around.
- At this point, flip the patties two more times, a 1 minute on each side or until both sides are golden-brown.
- Once ready, remove from skillet and place on plates.
The Final Assembly
- Place chicken patty first on plate
- Add 2 tablespoons of guacamole on top of the patty
- Step back and admire your creation
So there you go. Add some fresh tomatoes and cucumber salad mix on the side, and you got yourself a super awesome and delectable meal that will delight your tastebuds, love your waist, comfort your mind, and hug you with lots of kisses of appreciation.
I would definitely add this dish to my “do-it-again” list, because I am in love with this. It’s easy to make, intuitive, and allows me to be a little creative!
For more clean eating tips, guidance, and recipes surrounded by a supportive group of like-minded people, think about joining my free monthly 5-Day clean eating group. The group is private and on Facebook, and begins the first full week of every month. Just submit this brief application, and I will get in touch with you soon! <3
What are your thoughts about this recipe? Got any other cool tips on how to add more guacamole to your dishes?
Please share and comment below!